- Phd in Computer Science (26 May 1999):
Constraint Logic Programming: Applications and Implementation
- Licentiaat informatica (1988-1990) KULeuven:
- Degree: Great Distinction
- Thesis: Design and Implementation of a Graphical
Editor and Interpreter
- Kandidatuur Mathematics (option informatica)(1986-1988) KULAK, Kortrijk.
- Secundary School:
- afd. Wet. A (1980-1986) St. Vincentiuscollege, Guido Gezelleplein,
- AutoSAR Hands On, Sint-Truiden, 27-30 September 2016
- OSIsoft User Conference, Lisbon, 23-26 September 2014
- Android development(Linux Belgium): 4-6 July 2011
- Java Script(Sioux): 2 evenings in March 2011
- Requirements Engineering (Hightech Training): 21-22 September 2010
- Software Architect(Hightech Training): 23-24 September 2010
- Embedded Linux(Mind): 25-28 May 2010
- Hacking Explained and Intrusion Detection(Telindus): 27-28 October 2009
04/2015-now: Embedded Software Architect at Punch Powertrain .
Maintain and develop software for controlling automatic gearboxes.
Many responsiblities: from global architecture to low-level drivers,
build environment, interfaces, python scripting, specification formats,
up to motivating the team.
Introduce innovation and follow up on the succesful integration.
As an architect the last resort for solving any problem related to the software.
04/2013-3/2015: Software Engineer at IPCOS.
IPCOS is a provider of software and engineering services for APC and Upstream Oil Industry. Tasks concerns interconnecting third party tools and create client (Windows) and web applications.
2/2008-03/2013: Software Engineer at Punch Powertrain as a consultant from Sioux Embedded NV.
Punch Powertrain designs and produces Continuous Variable Transmissions (CVT) for the car industry.
The task involves the development of controlling software for the CVT and electrical engines, test-environments, build-environments, development of supporting desktop-software.
2/2008-03/2013: Software Designer at Sioux Embedded Systems NV" Sioux is specialized in the development of embedded software. In Belgium they deliver specialists in Embedded Software to the high tech industrie.
9/2006-1/2008: Senior software Engineer at Kimotion (http://www.kimotion.com) .
Kimotion develops software to aid the design of analog electronic circuits.
9/2003-9/2006: Member of the system management group at the department of computer science, KULeuven and UZLeuven: install and maintain software, Unix (Solaris, Linux) and Windows environment, communication software, user-account management.
9/2003-8/2004: Software engineer at
PharmaDM (http://www.pharmadm.com) (+/-1 day a week).
9/2003-now: Part-time System administrator at
IriDM (http://www.iridm.com) (Now and then when needed).
1/2001-7/2003: Software engineer with PharmaDM (http://www.pharmadm.com).
A company active in relational data-mining for the Pharma-industry.
Job included: design and implementation of new efficient data-mining
algorithms, user-interfaces. Administer Unix and Windows computer systems,
from servers to laptops.
10/1991-12/2000: Scientific researcher at the department of computerscience
KULeuven. Topic of search: Constraint Logic Programming
and complex algorithms in general.
10/1990-9/1991: Army service, database management.
9/1991: Student job: Dimarso, data processing.
- Programming Languages:
C++/C, C#, Prolog, Python, Java, Perl, Tcl/Tk Pascal, SQL, Lisp, Ada, ...
- Operating Systems:
Mother tongue Dutch, excellent knowledge English and outdated knowledge French.